The Czech-German Youth Exchange Coordination Centres “Tandem” in Pilsen and Regensburg bring together young people from the Czech Republic and Germany. Our goal is meeting of young people, creating and supporting their connections and friendships.
The Coordination centres provide counselling services and support for governmental and non-governmental institutions and organizations in both countries.
The main areas of our activities are:
- providing counselling and support to organizations and individuals practising Czech-German exchanges of children and youth, pupils and students
- financial support of Czech-German cooperation in working with children and youth
- initiating exchange projects and new forms of cross-border cooperation
- mediation of partnerships
- educating people working with youth
- arranging mobility of individuals (traineeships, job shadowing and volunteering)
- creating and distributing information brochures and work materials
- submit recommendations to the Czech-German Council for Cooperation and Youth Exchange and the national ministries
The coordination centre in Pilsen was founded in 1997 by the joint declaration of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic and the German Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth. It is an organizational part of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen and is led methodically by the Section for Coordination of Politics and International Affairs of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic.